Publications by the SIHS researchers in 2020
List of Publications as of March, 2021.
* Authors underlined are researchers at the Sophia Institute for Human Security.
● Tomomi Tanaka, Kazushi Takahashi, and Keijiro Otsuka. (2021). “Gains from Female
Education in Rural Bangladesh: A Multidimensional Approach.” International
Journal of Educational Development, 81, MS#102344. DOI: doi.org/10.1016/
● Yukichi Mano, Kazushi Takahashi, and Keijiro Otsuka. (2020) “Mechanization in Land
Preparation and Agricultural Intensification: The Case of Rice Farming in the
Cote d’Ivoire.” Agricultural Economics, 51(6): 899-908. DOI: doi.org/10.1111/
● Yuma Noritomo, and Kazushi Takahashi. (2020). “Can Insurance Payouts Prevent
a Poverty Trap? Evidence from Randomized Experiments in Northern Kenya.”
Journal of Development Studies, 56(11): 2079-2096. DOI: doi.org/10.1080/
● Kazushi Takahashi, Yuma Noritomo, Munenobu Ikegami, and Jensen D. Nathaniel.
(2020). “Understanding Pastoralists’ Dynamic Insurance Uptake Decisions: Evidence
from Four-year Panel Data in Ethiopia.” Food Policy, 95: MS#101910.DOI: doi.org/
● Walter Bossert, D’Ambrosio Conchita, and Kohei Kamaga. “Extreme values, means, and
inequality measurement.” Forthcoming in Review of Income and Wealth. DOI: doi.org/
● Carsten Roever, Yuki Higuchi, Miyuki Sasaki, Tomoko Yashima, and Makiko Nakamuro.
(2021). “Validating a Test of L2 Routine Formulae to Detect Pragmatics Learning in
Stays Abroad.” Forthcoming in Applied Pragmatics.
● Yuki Higuchi, Miyuki Sasaki, and Makiko Nakamuro. (2020). “Impacts of an ICT-Assisted
Program on Attitudes and English Communicative Abilities: An Experiment in a
Japanese High School.” Asian Development Review, 37(2): 100–133. DOI: doi.org/
● Yuki Higuchi. (2020). “Who Participates in Free Business Training? The Case of
Vietnamese SMEs.” Journal of International Economics and Management, 20(2): 49–59.
● Yuki Higuchi, Mhede P. Edwin, Nam H. Vu, and Tetsushi Sonobe. (2020). “Medium-Run
Impacts of Management Training in Garment Clusters.” World Bank Economic Review,
34: s68–s71. DOI: doi.org/10.1093/wber/lhz033.
既存研究のレビューと予備的なデータ分析」『上智経済論集』第66巻 第1・2号: 37–48.
● Takuya Hasebe. (2020) “Endogenous switching regression model and treatment effects of
count data outcome,” Stata Journal, Vol.20, No.3, 627-646. DOI: doi.org/10.1080/
● Takuya Hasebe. (2021) “On the treatment effects of a binary choice model,” Economics
Letters, Vol.200, DOI: doi.org/10.1016/j.econlet.2021.109768.
● Wim Vijverberg, and Takuya Hasebe. “GTL regression: A linear model with skewed and
thick-tailed disturbances,” Communications in Statistics – Simulation and Computation,
accepted. DOI: doi.org/10.1177/1536867X20953573.
● E. Barasa, I. Mathauer, E. Kabia, N. Ezumah, R. Mbau, Ayako Honda, F. Dkhimi,
O. Onwujekwe, H. Thi Phuong, K. Hanson. (2021). "How do healthcare providers respond
to multiple funding flows? A conceptual framework and options to align them." Health
Policy and Planning. Accepted. DOI: doi.org/10.1093/heapol/czab003.
● V. Ridde, L. Gautier, C. Dagenais, F. Chabrol, R. Hou, E. Bonnet, PM. David, P. Cloos,
A. Duhoux, JC. Lucet, L. Traverson, S. Rosana de Araujo Oliveira, G. Casarin da Silva,
N. Peiffer-Smadja, L. Touré, A Coulibaly, Ayako Honda, S. Noda, T. Tamura, H. Baba,
H. Kodoi, K. Zinszer, (2021). “Learning from Public Health and Hospital Resilience to
the SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic: protocol for a multiple case study (Brazil, Canada, China,
France, Japan, and Mali)”. Health Research Policy and Systems. DOI: doi.org/10.1186/
● Taro Komatsu. (2020). Education and peace. The Oxford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
of Education. Oxford University Press. DOI: doi.org/10.1093/acrefore/
● Taro Komatsu. (2020). Community participation in school governance in a post-conflict
society: The case of school boards in Brčko in Bosnia and Herzegovina. In
M. Nishimura (Ed.), Community participation with schools in developing countries:
Towards equitable and inclusive basic education for all. Routledge Research in
Educational Equality and Diversity Series. New York & Oxon: Routledge.DOI.doi.org/