Frequently Asked Questions
The Basic Characteristics of FGS
- What is special about “Global Studies” at FGS?
- What sort of careers would FGS prepare me for?
- Does FGS adopt a stance that affirms globalization?
- What is the difference between the Faculty of Global Studies and the Faculty of Liberal Arts?
- If I wish to study International Relations should I choose the Faculty of Global Studies or Faculty of Foreign Studies?
Curriculum-related and Other Questions
- Can you provide a simple explanation regarding the structure of the curriculum?
- When do students decide upon their major and minor? Is it difficult to be accepted into the fields they desire?
- Could I choose International Politics and Civic Society/International Cooperation as my major and minor? Also, could I choose Asian Studies and Middle-Eastern/African Studies as my major and minor?
- Is it correct to assume that no degree will be awarded for a minor?
- Are any courses or other supports offered for those who wish to become international public servants or work for the United Nations?
- Are the English courses taken in the second year specific to FGS?
- Can I register for courses from other Faculties?
- Can I study about North America and Europe at the Faculty of Global Studies?
- Approximately how many courses are offered in English?
- What other languages does FGS offer? Is a second foreign language required?
- What is the ratio of foreign and Japanese students in the Faculty?
- Is it possible to study abroad on a long time basis?
- If I chose to study Africa as my area of specialization and I wish to study abroad, would my destination be Africa?
- If I were to study abroad, can I transfer my credits? And can I graduate in 4 years?
- Is it possible to acquire a teaching license and curator certificate?
- How are fieldwork and internship associated with the course?
- Can I graduate early?
Preparation for Entrance to University
- Do you have any book recommendations to high school students who wish to join FGS?
- In terms of preparation before the university entrance exam, is there something I should do during high school?
- What measures should I take for the essay exams?
- Do you have any measures or approaches regarding the interview?
- Can I enroll from Autumn semester?
- Tell us about the career path after graduation.